The Way to Work: Professional Development Tool is a self-paced and interactive online professional development tool which will enable transition professionals to gain skills and knowledge to facilitate the participation of students and youth with disabilities in community-based work experiences and jobs.
Three reasons why it is important:
- Work experiences during high school are the strongest predictors of post school employment for students with disabilities.
- The Maryland State Department of Education has made increasing work experiences for high school students with disabilities a priority goal.
- The ability of students to access and succeed in work experiences requires skilled education professionals and their community partners.
- Self-paced learning
- Any time online access
- Eight skill building sessions that show how to:
- plan for student-centered work experiences
- collaborate with families and other professionals for implementing work experiences
- negotiate with employers for work experiences
- support students in the workplace
- Directions in each session for building and applying in-the-field skills
- Live support and feedback from an experienced coach
- Professional certification for completing the eight sessions
For more information and to register, contact Marie Parker Harvey at email@example.com, or visit CTCI-UMD.org.